Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Perks of Heading Home

Hello friends! Happy Sunday! I have such a love/hate relationship with Sundays. On the one hand, it can be a nice wind-down from weekend festivities, on the other - it means the weekend is almost over and Monday is just around the corner.

Sunset at home Friday night

I spent this weekend back in western MA to celebrate my fabulous Momma's 50th birthday. We celebrated with pedicures, the best pizza in town, visiting family and eventually cocktails and a yummy dinner out. I won daughter of the year for tagging along (and driving) as 11th wheel for dinner with lots of their friends since the bf wasn't able to make it home with me. Shhh... in reality I didn't mind at all and had a great time.

How cute is she? Doesn't look 50 at all!

Per usual, it was wonderful to spend time with lots of people I love. It also seriously doesn't hurt to be sent back to Boston with yummy treats nearly every time. Summertime is my favorite since between my Dad's and grandfather's gardens, I get lots of fresh produce. The harvest for this year has only just begun. Yum!

Basil, zucchini, summer squash, peppers, broccoli and Grandma's cookies!

I stayed off the knee and took a few days off from running after irritating it a bit last week with overuse, but took a couple nice long walks and stretched/foam rolled. Crossing fingers I can get in a couple of good runs this week with no pain.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening with some dinner, wine and maybe a couple of episodes of Friday Night Lights with the best. Perhaps I'll toss some food prep in there as well since I have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies for the week!

Favorite summer fruit and/or veggie?
Toss up between blueberries and strawberries for fruit - probably summer squash and zucchini for veggies. Love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment