Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Running Gear

I don't know about you guys but I've officially caught spring fever.

After yet another snow storm last week, we're finally seeing temperatures in the high-40s, low-50s. In true New England fashion, I'm ready to break out the flip flops and fling open the windows in my apartment.

In case you haven't figured it out, I kind of loathe hitting the gym after work and fighting for machines (cough, treadmills, cough) that I don't even like. Thankfully, the combination of daylight savings and warmer weather has given me more opportunities to spend time outside! I went on my first post-work outdoor run Monday night and couldn't have been happier.

Warmer weather here means adjustments in my running apparel lineup, and though I may bite my tongue next week when an unplanned storm leaves us with another 6+ inches of snow, for now I'm putting away my heavy layers.

Check out some of my favorite spring running gear:



As a side note, the prices listed for Nike gear reflect what's on their website. I buy all of my Nike gear from the Nike Outlet store, and they usually have some pretty great deals.

I've also started trying out the active apparel lines from stores like Target and Old Navy and have loved what I've found so far. They have some quality stuff for really affordable prices.

What's one piece of running gear you can't live without?
Where do you usually shop for running gear?

3 comments:

  1. You might like this article - even more reasons to run outside rather than on a boring treadmill!

    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/the-benefits-of-exercising-outdoors/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I hadn't seen this article yet. I'd choose a run or walk outside over the gym any day.

      Delete
    2. I love those Nike tshirts!

      Delete