Sunday, July 21, 2013

July Workout Playlist

I'm loving this weekend. Since the boy is in Cali for the week and I only had an engagement party on my to-do list as Friday wound down, I really had free reign to do whatever I wanted. It was nice to go into the weekend not knowing that my time was booked down to the minute as it has been for the past several weeks.

Friday I headed to the gym after work for what turned out to be an amazing workout. It was one of those days where I couldn't wait to run, and that energy carried me through 45 blissful minutes. My lungs, legs and head all seemed to be aligned and I felt happy and strong. 


I'm still playing it safe with the knee, but I feel confident about how things are progressing and felt very little of any kind of ache/pain during the run. I actually miss the long runs, speed workouts and hills (don't quote me on that), but know I need to be patient and smart. Yay for 4.3 miles - new longest since March - and a new plank PR of 1:45. Clearly core has not be enough of a priority for me, but I'll take any kind of progress!

I have to tell you a secret... I'm not a music runner.

GASP.

I know, I get a lot of weird reactions when people learn that. 

Let me clarify. I'm not a music runner when I run outside. I like being completely aware of my surroundings, being in tune with my body and just enjoying it (usually). Indoors? Heck yes, anything to help get me through the dragging, long miles on a treadmill.

It has been HOT in Boston lately. Hot and humid. Needless to say, I've been spending a decent amount of time at the gym instead of outside, so I beefed up my playlist a bit.



1. Wake Me Up - Avicii
2. Cups - Anna Kendrick
3. Gone, Gone, Gone - Phillip Phillips
4. I Want Crazy - Hunter Hayes
5. Holy Grail - Jay-Z & Justin Timberlake
6. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
7. Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
8. Counting Stars - One Republic
9. Church - T-Pain
10. Run - Kill It Kid
11. Brave - Sara Bareilles
12. She Doesn't Mind - Sean Paul
13. Anywhere With You - Jake Owen
14. Run the World (Girls) - Beyonce
15. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark - Fall Out Boy
16. What I Know - Parachute

In total, this runs just under an hour. Clearly I have a diverse love of music (I really do enjoy nearly everything), but I love mixing it up to keep me going and entertained.

Enjoy!

Do you listen to music when you run?

What's a staple on your current workout playlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment