Monday, July 1, 2013

Closing Out June

It's July?! How is that even possible? I'm loving that this will be a short week and a long weekend.

This past weekend was a great one - though slightly expensive - and I enjoyed spending time with lots of favorites.

Friday I skipped down to the Seaport after work to meet up with the boy and some friends for some post-work beers. It's been grossly humid in Boston for the past week with constant thunderstorm warnings, but it was nice to be on the water and enjoy the breeze and atmosphere.


Saturday was spent having breakfast with one of my college roommates for her birthday at In a Pickle in Waltham. This was one of our favorite spots while we were at Bentley and they just recently moved to a new location on Moody St. I'm totally in love with their breakfasts so we both thoroughly enjoyed celebrating her 25th over eggs, bacon, home fries and chocolate chip pancakes! If you're ever in the Boston area, I highly recommend you stop by. There always seems to be a line but I can assure you that it's worth the wait.

Post-indulgent breakfast I lounged around for a bit and headed to the gym to complete my PT "homework." I have to admit that I've become a much bigger fan of said homework since it's started to include running intervals along with the strength training exercises. After a 5 minute warm-up I finished 4 rounds of 1 min walk/5 min run intervals and a quick cool-down. I was thrilled that I felt good the whole time - no knee pain and strong strides. It has been so long since I could say that, and it's such a blessing. Here's to hoping the progress continues!


Saturday night was spent at the Comcast Center with Love and Theft, Brantley Gilbert and Tim McGraw with my best, her mom and her mom's best (so fun!). This was the third time I've seen Tim live and it was a great show. He definitely started the hot country hunk phenomenon.



Sunday was fairly low key - running some errands, baking, relaxing and foam rolling. We topped the weekend off by heading back into the Seaport to meet some girlfriends for a surprise birthday dinner for previously-mentioned college roommate. It was a perfect summer evening.

Favorite breakfast food?
I don't know that I'm capable of choosing... It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment