Friday, June 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Yes, I know, I published this on Friday morning. I promise you all the thoughts occurred on Thursday though, along with 99% of the writing...

Has it seriously already been a week since I last wrote a Thursday Thoughts post? I give all you bloggers out there who write every day so much credit. I would love to be able to balance it all and come up with new and fabulous posts on the daily but I'm afraid I'd fail miserably. I guess that gives me something to work toward.

1. My amazing grandpa turned 90 yesterday. 90! This man has been one of my best friends since the day I was born. I look up to and respect him so much, as does everyone else who has ever been blessed with his presence.

It has been so hard to see him age in the past several years. I think one of the harder parts of getting older is suddenly realizing that those people you admired as invincible heroes as a child do, in fact, have weaknesses. I don't mean that in a bad way, we're all human, I just mean it takes a different perspective to fully appreciate what you have and to cherish every moment and memory with the people you love. All things considered, this guy is doing pretty darn well. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he has my grandmother's TLC to keep him in line.

My grandparents on their wedding day - 55 years ago!
 2. I've had two more PT appointments since I admitted last week that I was trying out a new doc. Both have gone well, and even though my knee continues to nag me with soreness here and there I feel much more confident in how it's being treated this time around. We're not only treating the injury (Graston, cupping and massage), but also spending more time around strength training for my hips/glutes and stretching. I actually have homework to do, which I'm happy to report I have stuck to and enjoyed... even the resulting soreness.

3. This basically describes my life:


4. I made pie last weekend. With strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. It was berry delicious. I feel like pie is one of those desserts that kind of gets lost in my love of all things chocolate, but then when I eat it again I scold myself for having gone so long without it.


5. I met up with my running partner last night for a pedi date. She just got back from running a huge trail run in Wyoming over the weekend with her Dad and, well, I just needed a pedicure. I also finally opened the newest issue of Runner's World. I haven't finished reading it cover to cover but... wow. I've read a few pieces that were just what I needed to dig into. More on those later. Cute toes, fabulous date and running goodness? Yes, please. All that was missing was wine.


I hope you all have wonderful weekends planned! I'm playing in/working a wiffle ball tournament to benefit the children's hospital I work for and then headed to the Cape for a belated Father's Day celebration with my Dad.

Who was your hero growing up?
I definitely think mine has always been my Grandpa, with my Grandma, Dad and Mom as his close and trusty sidekicks.

Favorite kind of pie?
Tough call, but I'd say a tie between apple and strawberry rhubarb.

No comments:

Post a Comment