Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Simple Guac

The bf had me read an article off of Barstool sports once entitled, "The Definitive List of Weird Sh*t that Chicks Like." Yes, I censored the title. No, the actual article is not censored in any way, shape or form. Don't say I didn't warn you. I could not stop laughing. As much as I hate to admit it, they were totally on par with a number of things, and guacamole most definitely made this list.

I've had my fair share of guac in my lifetime and I would most definitely consider myself an avocado fanatic. As the old lady in the Frank's Red Hot Sauce commercials would say, "I put that sh*t on everything." (Side note: I love hot sauce and do, in fact, also put that on almost everything too.)

Now, as much as I love guac, I don't always have all of the ingredients to pull together an authentic batch of it. So, I've learned to make the best of what's around and created a simple recipe that still makes me swoon.

Gluten-Free Tailgating Recipe (2/5)

Simple Guac
Makes about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups
 
2 Hass avocados
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 lime - juiced
1/3 C salsa
salt and pepper to taste

...Mash together and enjoy with tortilla chips, on sandwiches or with a spoon.

Mmmm, guac.

P.S. It's tequila Tuesday and I'm posting a recipe for guac. I'm pretty sure that's fate. Go find yourself a lime, some avocado and have a little fiesta.

Be honest - cilantro or no cilantro?
Definitely not a cilantro girl. Blah.

2 comments: