Monday, June 10, 2013

Asparagus & Wasabi Mayo

You know those family recipes that are just so delicious and unique that you almost don't want to share their secrets with anyone else? 

No? I'm the only selfish one? Oh well.

Several years ago now my best friend's momma made this appetizer to bring to a holiday gathering. I was a slightly pickier eater at the time than I am now, and turned my nose up when she told me the sauce was "wasabi mayo." Thankfully I'm polite and tried it anyways.

My oh my this has become one of my favorite appetizers. It's so simple, yet so ridiculously yummy, and it's different. You'll never have to worry about wearing the same dress to prom bringing the same dish to the party as someone else. Plus, technically the healthy factor of the asparagus cancels out the sauce... right?

Gluten-Free Tailgating Recipe (1/5)

Asparagus and Wasabi Mayo
3 lbs. asparagus, trimmed
1 C mayonnaise
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. wasabi powder

Blanch asparagus in boiling, salted water for 1 minute. Rinse in cold water, drain and pat dry.

Whisk together the rest of the ingredients for the dip.

Enjoy!

What's your favorite family appetizer to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment