Monday, June 3, 2013

Gluten-Free Tailgating

Hey guys, it's June. When did that happen?!

I always feel like spring sneaks up on me, even though it seems like you wait forever for it. Now all of  a sudden we're battling 90 degree heat waves and I'm a puddle of oh-my-god-I'm-melting worthlessness. Not entirely, but you get the idea.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a huge country music fan, especially when summer comes around. There's something so fabulous (and slightly cliche) about driving around with the windows rolled down, a little Eric Church blasting and jammin' out.


I also happen to believe that country concerts are the best kinds of concerts and am lucky enough to go to them. A lot of them. It's kind of awesome. Last night marked the first concert of the season, which always seems to feel like the official start to summer. Hello, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan.


Let me set the scene for you: big parking lots filled with lots and lots of trucks, solo cups, cornhole, girls in daisy dukes (even if they shouldn't be), guys in cut off plaid, lengthy port-a-potty lines and oodles of cowboy boots and flip flops. Toss in a couple of confederate flags and a sprinkling of cops on bikes pretending to supervise and you're set.


Did I mention the tailgating? I guess it's kind of implied when you meddle all of those things together. I heart tailgating. It's half the fun of going to a country concert. Hot dogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, chips, cookies... Oh wait, nope. Not for our crew. We got creative in support of one of our guests and whipped up an entirely gluten-free smorgasbord of delicious, tailgating-worthy treats.


4. Lemon Basil Quinoa Salad
5. Clean Cheats Cookies (PB, Pumpkin & Choco Chip)
6. Strawberry Mint Sangria

...Are you drooling yet? You really should be. Recipes to come!

What's the best concert you've ever been to?
Keith Urban, hands down.

What are your favorite tailgating treats? 

No comments:

Post a Comment