Friday, January 4, 2013

First 13 of 2013

Yesterday was a rest day after a late 6 mile run on Wednesday. I'm calling myself out for NOT stretching afterward (shocking) in the hope that the combination of my stiff legs and public humiliation will push me to be better about it.

Today was an early 3 miles on the treadmill, stretching (see, worked already) and abs. I really wish I could be more enthusiastic about waking up at the crack of dawn to workout.



In other news, I registered for my first 13 of the year on 1/3/13. I really just wanted to sign up for a half marathon yesterday because of the distance and date, I didn't even look at the race. Kidding.

I'm officially running the Hyannis Half Marathon on Sunday, February 24, 2013. 

I've heard good things about the Hyannis series and half marathon course so far. I even threatened recruited two friends to do it with me, so I'm confident that it's going to be a lot of fun.

Who wouldn't want to run 13 miles at the end of February on the Cape? Sign me up.


Hunger Games, anyone? (Source)

I'm using this race more as motivation to jump start my training for this year rather than as a target for a PR. I'm planning to register for at least one, probably two more half marathons this spring which is when I'll plan to tackle my sub-two goal.

Any recommendations for other spring races in the New England area? 
Other thoughts on Hyannis?

2 comments:

  1. I am running the Boston Run to Remember on Memorial Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about that race, too! I'm always hesitant to register for races Memorial Day weekend because I never know if I'll be in town, but the Run to Remember is definitely on my list of potentials.

      Delete