Friday, August 9, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Yes, yes, I know. It's Friday morning. Work with me here, people.

1. Yesterday morning I dragged my bum out of bed to meet up with Molly, the usual running buddy suspect, for an "easy" warm up run and circuit workout in the park. Turns out, the 1.5 mile warm up didn't feel so easy after having run hard on Wednesday morning and my legs were questioning why it was necessary for me to use them so early for the second day in a row. Sorry guys, I'm the boss here. Per usual, I was reminded just how weak I am when it comes to strength training and the workout was quite literally a pain in my butt. I've been gingerly sitting and walking since yesterday afternoon.


  2.  I'm excited for this weekend for a few wonderful reasons:

Birthdays! Maroon 5! Kelly Clarkson! 
Duck Boats! Mom! Flour Bakery! 
Little Big Town! Keith Urban!

...was that more than a few? Oops. More details on these fun things later.

3. I read this article yesterday on George Saunders' speech from Syracuse University's graduation this year. If you haven't taken the time to read it, please do. It's a beautiful reminder to all of us that kindness goes a long way when it comes to living a fulfilled life and one without regrets.


4. It's currently 7:02AM and I'm baking. That's normal... right? No?

5. Did you know that Pinkberry can make absolutely any day a million times better? It's true. I've thoroughly tested this idea.


Feelings on running/working out in the rain?
Molly and I got soaked during our workout yesterday morning - total downpour. I lean toward loving it. There's something so refreshing about it... so long as it's warm(ish) outside.

Favorite fro-yo toppings?
It varies for me depending on flavor, but usually involves chocolate (shocking) and I always get a waffle cookie if it's Pinkberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment