Sunday, August 11, 2013

Birthdays, Concerts and Cupcakes... Oh my!

What a weekend.

As I bleerily type this, I've basically just woken up from a much-needed, two hour nap. Between Friday and Saturday night I'm running on limited sleep and it has definitely caught up to me. I'm not complaining, though, since this weekend was jam-packed with some awesome memories with some awesome people.

Friday happened to be the birthday of one of my fabulous girlfriends and also happened to be the night of the Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson concert. We tied both of those events up with a cute little bow and ventured down to Mansfield for the first show of the weekend.

Two and a half hours of traffic later (ew, it should take about 45 minutes), we made it in to see the tail-end of Kelly's set, but thankfully caught Since You've Been Gone which, clearly, was all I really cared about. She is seriously such a bombshell. I adore her cute and bubbly personality and think she's such a badass.


Finally, Maroon 5 rocked the house, per usual. I fell in love with this band when I was fourteen years old and never looked back. They're one of my favorites to see live, probably because I know the lyrics to every song and, let's face it, it doesn't suck to stare at Adam Levine for a couple of hours.

We had a blast and ended the night with birthday cupcakes from Treat Cupcake Bar and possibly me downloading and using the Dominos app for the first time when we got home. Oops? Not ashamed.

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to welcome my Mom to Boston for her belated 50th birthday celebration. We ventured into the city and spent the morning walking around and taking a Duck Tour. I've lived in Massachusetts my whole life, been to Boston countless times, and called this city home for the past eight years (if we're technical and counting college) and yet have never taken a Duck Tour. It was an awesome experience and I'd recommend it to anyone - resident or visiting for the weekend.


We followed up our tour with lunch at Flour Bakery, which came highly recommended by multiple friends of mine. I completely devoured my grilled chicken panini with brie, caramelized onion, and roasted red pepper as well as a homemade raspberry seltzer. So delicious. We then walked around a bit more and picked up cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake on Newbury street to bring with us for the night. I can't say no to cupcakes.


We headed back to my apartment to relax for a bit before heading down to the Comcast Center for the second night in a row to to tailgate and see my main man, Keith Urban.

My Mom got me hooked on Keith a few years back and since I first saw him during the summer of 2010, I fell in love. Not only am I a huge fan of his music but I could gush about his concerts all day long. He is, by far, the best concert I have ever been to and I have seen my fair share of shows. He is such a talented vocalist and guitarist and has this incredible stage presence and energy that you can't get enough of. You can that tell he genuinely loves his fans and performing and has so much fun with it. OK, I'm done gushing.


We had a blast with my best and her Mom and capped off our second night of festivities with another round of birthday cupcakes!

This morning my Mom and I ventured to my favorite breakfast spot (I've mentioned In a Pickle before) to spend a bit more time together before she left to head back home. We had a great time this weekend and I loved having her here.

Now that I'm finally feeling a bit more awake, I'm going to grab an iced coffee and venture over to see the boy and relax, grill and enjoy what's left of my weekend. I hope you all had wonderful weekends!

Do you feel like you've thoroughly explored the city where you live (or closest to you)?
I feel like there's so much about Boston I don't know or haven't seen, and I always enjoy when I get the chance to explore it further.

Cake or frosting?
Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment