Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Easy Snack Ideas

In case you haven't figured it out already, I'm a planner. I don't do surprises well, and my day is just peachy when everything goes according to plan. I'm also a snacker. I'm hungry ALL. THE. TIME. Especially when I'm running a lot. Or even when I'm not. What can I say, I love food. 

I'm not a big fan of running around in the morning trying to piece together breakfast, snack and/or lunch options. Rushing usually leads me toward poor decisions. Sure, that roll of thin mints counts as breakfast, why not? As a result, I try to plan ahead and make it easy to make the healthiest choices possible when it comes to things to munch on during the work day. 


We all know that convenience is huge when it comes to snacking (and meal planning/eating in general). Pre-made munchies are easier to grab-and-go, and if those pre-made munchies are healthy? Winning all around.



1. Snack size baggies - great for portion control!
2. Restaurant cups and covers. I buy these in bulk at iParty and use them for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Dips, salad dressing, you name it. So convenient.




3. Trail mix with chocolate, nuts, and dried fruit. Make your own or buy in bulk.
4. Grapes
5. Strawberries (with fruit you can even use your little cups for some Greek yogurt for dipping!)
6. Kettlecorn
7. Cookies. There's nothing wrong with a little indulgence, but pre-portion them and leave the sleeve at home!



8. Crackers and cheese
9. Baby carrots and hummus
10. Celery sticks and ranch
11. Smartfood or lightly salted popcorn
12. Almonds or other nuts

Set aside some time on Sunday evenings and prep several snack bags for the week - you'll thank yourself later.

Happy snacking!

What are your favorite go-to snacks during the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment