Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

It's the most wonderful time of the week! I actually look forward to writing these posts. Primarily because I've forced myself into at least one weekly blog post (structure is clearly lacking here), but also because I can write whatever I want - even if it makes no sense at all. Lucky readers, you.

1. So this happened:


...see that?! That's a treadmill! I haven't seen one of those in MONTHS! My PT surprised me on Tuesday with an interval assignment. I'm fairly sure my face lit up at the thought of running again, so she immediately killed my vibe with a, "Don't even go there, Sarah. Think of this as a task you need to complete - not a RUN. You've got a ways to go before you're in the clear." ...party pooper. Truthfully I'm glad she did because it's so easy to think you can just jump back into things full force and potentially ruin the progress you've made - cough, what I did with my last PT, cough.

Anywho. Intervals at the appt. Tuesday were 1 min walk/2 min run x3 for .8 miles total. Intervals as homework yesterday were 1 min walk/3 min run x 4 (plus 10 min walking warm up) for 2.15 miles total. Intervals at the appt. this morning were 1 min walk/5 min run x 3 for about 1.8 miles total. It's frustrating to have to reign myself in, although slightly easier since it's glaringly obvious how out of shape I am vs. even 3 months ago. I can still feel tightness start to develop in my knee toward the end of the workout, but not the same sharp pain I was feeling before. Baby steps to greatness.

2. My gorgeous cousin had a beautiful baby boy this morning! I am so thrilled for her and her husband, as well as the rest of my blonde-haired, blue-eyed Jacksonville family. Tripp is the first great-grandchild for my grandparents as well which is super exciting, and I can't wait to meet the little nugget ASAP.

3. What's up with this weekend's forecast, Boston? Not cool.


4.  I spent the latter part of this past weekend on the Cape with my family for a belated Father's Day celebration. We ate fresh seafood, went out for ice cream, played mini golf and went to the beach - all packed into about 24 hours. It was a bit hectic, but I loved every minute.

Sisters at sunset!

Nutella and black raspberry ice cream w/ rainbow sprinkles

Marylou's ice coffee - famous on the Cape (and YUMMY!)

Gorgeous day for the beach

Sister & I locked up - clearly these stocks were not made
for tall people. Rude.


5. Remember when I confessed that I'm lucky enough to go to a LOT of concerts during the summer? Yeah, this weekend we'll be seeing Tim McGraw. He puts on a great show AND has great opening acts this year in Brantley Gilbert and Love and Theft. Totally pumped, minus the fact that the rain will probably put a bit of a damper on our tailgating festivities.

Finally, I'm not ready to talk about what happened earlier this week regarding a certain Cup. Yes, I'm heartbroken. Yes, I cried. Yes, I cried again watching this video. Oh man, what a season. I'm certainly not wishing summer away but I cannot wait to have hockey back. Thanks for the crazy ride, Bruins.

I hope you all have wonderful weekends planned, some of you hopefully with a bit better weather than is expected to grace the Boston area!

Favorite ice cream flavor and topping?
Flavor is a toss up between anything chocolate (shocking) and black raspberry. Topping is most definitely rainbow sprinkles... in case you haven't noticed.

Favorite family pastime? 
Mini golf always seems to be a part of any family vacation, but I'd say wiffle ball is up there too. My family is only slightly competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment