Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I don't know where time has gone this week but I'm having a hard time keeping my days straight. This morning I spent the majority of my time convinced that it was Wednesday only to be brought back to reality that no, Sarah, it's Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. Oops.

1. The first time I heard this song on the radio I couldn't tell if it was a joke, a commercial or what was going on. Now it's totally grown on me and I may or may not have listened to it at least five times today.


2.  I'm headed home this weekend to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday. While he'll probably be working for the majority of the weekend, I'm still looking forward to spending time with him when I can. Love this guy to the moon and back.


3. I made these cupcakes again last night as a playoff hockey treat. Every time I make them I'm amazed at how easy and yummy they are. No eggs (hello, batter), and the coffee piece of the recipe allows you to play with the flavors. I used hazelnut in the original recipe but have tried french vanilla and last night was butter toffee. The joys of a Keurig and making a cup of coffee at a time.

4. My favorite running buddy talked me into doing a circuit workout with her last Friday morning. She's a lot more disciplined about strength training than I am, so I agreed to the torture hoping to dabble in something new. Wet grass and bugs due to location choice aside, this workout definitely worked up a sweat. It was also successful since I was sore and walking funny until Monday afternoon. Clearly I have room for improvement. Tomorrow morning is round 2.


5. I've been feeling more and more tension and discomfort in my neck and shoulders over the past few months, but especially within the last few weeks. I've always been told that I carry my tension in my shoulders, but never really knew what to do about it. I don't think I'm overly stressed - at least not more than usual - but it doesn't seem to be going away. I've never actually gotten a professional massage, and think it may be time to force myself to do so. Yes, I know, poor Sarah forcing herself to get a massage. I'm nervous that it'll hurt - is that weird?

In other news, the Bruins managed to pull out their 3rd win of the series against Pittsburgh in double OT last night and kept me up way past my bedtime. Thank goodness they won otherwise I would've been grumpy AND tired this morning. Game 4 tomorrow night - go Bs!

Are you a cake or frosting person?
Cake all the way. Frosting is too sweet for me to have more than just a little.

Have you ever gotten a professional massage? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment