As a reader, some of my favorite blog posts have come in the form of random musings and interesting tidbits. Since I've struggled to come up with content lately and experienced writer's block more often than not, I've decided to implement Thursday Thoughts as a gateway into whatever randomness I feel like posting. This could include thoughts, recipes, favorite Pins, or whatever pops into my little head at the time. I know, you're welcome in advance.
1. My little sister is graduating from high school this weekend. WHAT?! How is it even possible that she's old enough to drive a car never mind go to college? Talk about making you feel old. There will be lots of tears, I can tell already.
|Little sis at prom last weekend. How gorgeous is she?! Dad's|
pretty good looking too.
2. I'm on a rice-cake-topped-with-peanut-butter-and-honey kick lately. Since rice cakes are approximately 35 calories, that totally justifies the excessive amounts of peanut butter and honey drizzle I top them with.
3. I participated in the Reach the Beach, MA relay last weekend with team Dude, Where's My Van? as the injured driver. SUCH a fun race that I cannot wait to be able to run next year. More blog posts on that coming up, scouts honor.
|Side note: I'm adding driving a 12 person passenger van and|
van art to my skills on my resume and LinkedIn.
4. I went to my first Spin class Monday night. My bum seriously hurt the day after but I think I've successfully found a new way to not hate the bike, especially since I went to class #2 this morning. Sometimes you just need a dark room, loud music and someone to yell at you to work out.
5. One of my greatest pleasures as a runner is getting someone else excited about the sport. I love running, and if I can pass on some of that to someone else I think it's one of the greatest feelings in the world. I got this email this week from a friend of mine who I convinced to run Reach the Beach back in January and developed a training program for. It made my day.
I'm looking forward to a pedi date with one of my other favorite runners tonight and watching my favorite men in black and gold. GO BRUINS!
Have a wonderful Thursday!
P.S. I finally added C&P to Blog Lovin'. I'm still getting used to the platform so any suggestions, tips and tricks - toss them my way! You can follow here or by clicking the icon in the right hand column.