Friday, March 8, 2013

Easy Confetti Mac and Cheese

I have a serious weakness for Mac and Cheese. Ask anyone I know and they will vouch for that fact. Unfortunately, it's not the healthiest weakness, but what comfort food really is?

You should also know that I am not a Kraft fan. Even in college, when Easy Mac was a pretty standard choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner for the majority of Bentley's student population, I just couldn't do it. I guess when you grow up with parents and grandparents who only feed you the good, homemade stuff, the cheap alternative just doesn't cut it.

My roommate pinned a recipe for Confetti Mac and Cheese a while back and whipped it up one day for a quick weekend lunch. I'll admit in hindsight that I was a little hesitant, but the girl knew what she was doing. I mean, Annie's is still from a box, but it exceeded my expectations and makes for a great, quick and somewhat healthier choice for a classic comfort food.


Ingredients:
1 Box Annie's Organic Shells & White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
3 Tbs lowfat milk
2 Tbs butter or margerine
Chopped veggies as desired*
*I used carrots, onion, broccoli and a handful of fresh spinach

Prepare Mac and Cheese as directed on the box. While the pasta is cooking, chop desired veggies and saute them with butter, adding salt and pepper seasoning as desired.

Mix veggies in with your Mac and Cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment